Journey to Xiyuan

This is the story of how Xiyuan became known to us and finally became part of our family.

13 July 2006

29 - Home Sweet Oklahoma


7/12 9:20am The plane carrying me, Kate, and Cora touched down in OKC! Poor Gerald had to try several times until he was listed on a flight which arrived at 2:50pm. Our bodies don't know what time it is, but it's been a day of firsts. Kate oohed and aahed as we pulled up to our home which I pointed out to her. She continued her ooh-aah song throughout the house and especially while viewing the inside of our frig :-) Then she discovered the toys and spent several hours simply playing. Cora even enjoyed time to herself to sew, one of her favorite hobbies. I must compliment Cora on her maturity and good spirit on the flights. Twice, she had to sit among strangers since we didn't have assigned seats and I couldn't leave Kate alone. Cora had a great time conversing with new friends. The girls took a much needed nap this afternoon even when Kate told me bo xie and waved her hand! I stood firm and she was asleep in 5 minutes. We woke them at 7:30 for dinner and more play til a late late night bath, some more play and asleep by 12:30. Taylor helped me cover their window with a cover. We'll see if the darkened room technique works tomorrow morning...